Monday, September 3, 2007

North Fork Speed Record

Now I am not making any substantiated claims on this one, but I did the North Fork of Taylor Creek car to car in 2 hours and 18 minutes. I am sure someone could do it faster, but I am not sure that they have tried, so this may have been the fastest ascent of the North Fork of Taylor Creek. All joking aside, I was in the mood to hike very fast on this day. The North Fork of Taylor Creek spurs off of the South Fork of Taylor Creek about a mile in. It was an enjoyable hike because I was able to use my new Ipod shuffle hiking for the first time. I had heard from Jacqueline that the drainage is very brushy, but on my inspection, it turned out ot be not so bad. It was a beautiful hike with even some scrambling opportunities throughout. I took this photo at what I was calling the end, where the climbing got difficult.
All in all, a nice short hike rather near to home.

No comments: