Friday, July 30, 2010

Hugo Peak

I never see many old friends in Washington because I am so busy hanging out with the family. I did get to see my friends Accee. Accee and I got to be friends by being first lab partners in Chemistry, poor swimmers in swimming class, and playing basketball against a bunch of Mormons. Also we played trivial pursuit and dropped in on friends' weddings together. On this day though, we decided to take a hike to the tallest peak in Pack Forest. Hugo Peak, one that both Accee and I had done before, him as a boy scout and me as a before dinner workout. It was located only about 15 minutes from where my mom and Carl lived. The trail was nicely built which shockingly took us through the forest. Accee was a bit aprehensive about the hike because he had not been hiking in quite some time. He did fine though as we hiked at a comfortable pace. The trail popped us out onto a road which we followed to the summit. The summit was just as disappointing as the last time with a slight view, but mainly just a big flat spot. We hiked back, but were able to catch up on the hike. It was good to see a good friend, but he had to go after the short hike to go be a best man in his friend's wedding.

No comments: