Thursday, July 31, 2014

All Good Things Gotta Come to an End


The time had come. The time to go was now. I put this video together before I left. It included a picture from every month of my time at Zion. It was hard to leave, but I can look back and have nothing but fond memories for the people and the places that I got to visit. I could leave Zion a more confident and happier person than I arrived. The great thing about it was that I knew it was always there for me if I wanted to come back. For now, though, Jacqueline and I were excited to start a new chapter out in Oregon. Our dads came out to help us pack up the U-Haul and then we hit the road at the end of July. 

1 comment:

Jim Dunaway said...

Pete, this is horrible news.
Our annual brothers next fall will be at the Zion Ponderosa Resort, and I was hoping to treat you to a sumptuous breakfast and have you address my brothers, nephews, and grandnephews, as you did a couple of years ago.
Questions . . .
1. How can I advance your career? My letters of recommendation have turned the tide for several individuals seeking prestigious scholarships, entrance into one of the military academies, or into med or law school. I hope you recall that I offered you a superlative letter of recommendation after you joined me on my 101st visit to the Subway.
2. Is there anyone in ZNP who might be willing to share breakfast with us . . . and address the group.
3. How has your research project in ZNP progressed?
I'd love to hear from you!
All the best,
Jim Dunaway
jimdunaway0225@gmail.com