Sunday, May 18, 2014

East Side with the Little Man

 
My friend Brad was up visiting. He wanted to take a hike out on the east side of the park and just get on some slick rock. I was up for it but I had to bring Conrad with me. This was going to limit our options. We decided to go to one of the easier spots near the tunnel on the east side. This was more like a sojourn than a hike because our goal was just to be out there rather than to necessarily get anywhere. We climbed up a steeper section of slick rock and I was able to take Conrad out of the baby backpack for a while so he could check out the surroundings.
 He was particularly excited about the water that was flowing in from a spring. We took some pictures and generally enjoyed the beauty that is the east side of Zion. We were only out for a short period but it seemed to satisfy Brad's craving for some east side slick rock. 

No comments: