Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Might Break a Nail

I saw this little bowl across from Keyhole Canyon, so I actually convinced my fiancĂ© to come with me on a little hike. We only had a short time as usual, since this wedding was taking much of our backcountry time to instead travel down to St. George and browse for such important items as candy jars. I got her away from the wedding for a few minutes with the excuse that she could work on her tan on the east side. The bowl ended up being not too difficult to navigate and we got ourselves back to a nice large wide open area. We found some nice slickrock to scramble up, but when it got really steep Jacqueline backed out because, “she might break a nail.” I made sure to give her lots of grief about that one, but to her defense she never acts like that and the only reason that she said that is because we only had two weeks until the wedding and according to her she never has nice nails. I am so glad that we as guys do not have to worry about such stuff. We debated whether to continue after the big beautiful sandstone scramble, but decided to come back on another day as Jacqueline had twenty other different activities she had to engage in before our big week came.

No comments: