Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lazy Saturday Stroll

We did not have the whole day on Saturday for a hike, so I figured that we should go out to Cave Valley. We got a couple of friends, Eric and Izzy, to come with us. It was not until about 2:30pm when we hit the trail. We parked at the head of an old dirt road and walked on down. I had not spent much time in Cave Valley, being there twice and doing the same thing each time. This time we were down to do something a bit different. We headed past our turnoff and found ourselves in a highly eroded arroyo. This lead us to the slickrock. I looked to the right and said that it would go, so that is the way that we went. At the top we got a great view of Zion that was unique. From there, we scrambled on down into Lee Valley. The first shot did not work, but we stuck to it going right instead of left. This dropped us down. From the top, we could see an old road down where we now stood, but once we were there we found ourselves wandering through sagebrush and gambel oak. I just wanted to go to a point overlooking the dropoff. It was a fight to get there and the view was alright. Then we wandered on back. We hit the road toward the end of the point and we took that on back. I took a small trip to check out Wolf Spring Wash and I know that I want to try to explore it down to the Subway. That was left for another day. This old road lead up near the way we came. It was even blasted out of the slickrock at spots. That was kind of neat to find. There was so much left undone on this day, but it was more of a day to spend with friends. We got in a dinner at Pizza Noodle and some victories for Pete in Euchre and O' Hell to cap off the night. I was hoping to get out and do something else the next day, but instead I awoke to see that it was snowing in Toquerville. Oh well, I guess I would have to wait out another week at the Block.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

zion is beautiful! I miss it.

Bry