Sunday, April 12, 2015

One Photo of the Louise Creek Trail

After Spring Break, we renewed our effort to start looking for a house to buy. We figured that we would be in the McKenzie area for a while and it was time for us to purchase a place to live. So far, we seemed to strike out on places that we liked, but we had found a place to put in an offer. After negotiations, though, we could not agree on a fair price, so the deal fell through. School was busy as usual, but I was finally able to make time to get out a little bit. There was a trail I saw doing the Separation Lake Trail, so I thought that maybe since it was lower elevation, I would have a chance of getting up the trail a ways. The trail was the Louise Creek trail and although it was a nice trail, the only interesting and different thing about this trail was when I got high enough in elevation, that I was able to see some snow. So, even though the hike was great getting in some miles of hiking, I turned around pretty early in the day because I didn't feel like fighting the snow for too many miles. Oregon was very appealing, the only drawbacks were the similarity in all the trails, so much so, that I wasn't taking nearly the amount of pictures that I normally would given that all I would be taking pictures of were the same trees in a different place.
So here is a picture of the kids and I a week earlier on Easter. Living in Oregon is just so interesting because unlike other places, the view from our backyard was nearly as good as any view that I could hike to. It is good, but also tempting to me to be unmotivated to explore. My next hike, I was going to have to find a way to hit the trail and see more. As the snow would melt, the spring would finally allow me to do a little more of that. 

No comments: