Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hauling some tarps

When hiking down from the West Rim, I like to take a break at times at a spot where there is a nice flat area with a great view. This must have been a stash from a previous work crew because there were a bunch of old tarps left there I found a couple of trips ago. They are always on my mind every time I go through the area. I never have enough room to haul them out. This day, Robbie and I were looking for something to do for the afternoon, so I suggested hauling the tarps out. He was up for it so we started hiking up to the West Rim. Robbie was our intern from SUU. He was a very likable guy and very eager to work. I was very happy I hired him.
He and I had an enjoyable hike up on a hot summer day. There were many people out going to the top of Angel's Landing. Once we passed that though, it opened up a little bit and the people began to dwindle away. We passed the bridge and started the trudge up to the West Rim. About halfway up, we found the stash. We loaded it up in our mostly empty packs and we were a sight to see. We had tarps sticking out of every direction. I loved how the people just asked us random questions on the way down like we did this every day. It was a good day at work in the wilderness of Zion. 

No comments: