Wednesday, June 22, 2011

An Old Favorite

Keyhole Canyon is an old favorite of mine and it is quick to figure out why. An incredibly deep slot canyon filled with water, a few short rappels, deep dark narrows, and incredible light shows. A shorter day on the schedule lead to Seth Walker and I tackling Keyhole. We did a bit of work on some access issues as the trail to avoid the middle slot lost its sign. The rest of the day was just fun, though with three small rappels. It is good for us to go in these canyons to get reports on water conditions and it was still cold in there. We had wetsuits so that made the canyon much more fun. I think I could do Keyhole every single day and never get sick of it. It was my first Zion canyon and I would not mind doing it again and again.



1 comment:

jess said...

the first time was SOOO freezing!