Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birthday Hike

It was Jacqueline's birthday, so naturally we had to go for a short hike. We were visiting my dad and Laura in Port Angeles. The day was supposed to be pretty nice, so we thought that we would take a drive up to Hurricane Ridge. They kept the road plowed most of the time in the winter, so you could get up to high elevation by just driving. The views were excellent as we could see all the mountains in the distance. It was a bit chilly out, but we kept our little pregnant birthday girl bundled up. We first hiked up the hill and out to a viewpoint. From there we went into the visitor center to look at maps. Next we hiked up the road a ways. Laura stayed in the car for this section, but my little pregnant birthday wife kept trekking. Jacqueline's mantra throughout this whole pregnancy has been, "I don't wanna do too much", but she has been trying to keep herself active even if my coaching takes me away too often. We hiked about a mile and then turned around feeling that our trek was sufficient. I realized that I had been to all of these places before, coming by myself in February 2003. It was really good to get out and after that we were back home for a birthday dinner and presents for my wonderful wife.

No comments: